Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Life is not waiting - and I am finally on board



Tempe Town Lake
Tempe,
Each day on my lunch, I wonder where life will take me.  Not in some metaphorical dreamy state of mind way, but literally, where I will end up.  At lunch, I have started to take my own private adventures.  Moments to myself where I go out, discover something new, and more often than not - take pictures of my adventures


Bischoff's
Scottsdale, AZ
This has always been within my nature; that desire to take pictures.  I remember a day trip I took with my ex-boyfriend John in which I took over 200 pictures in the span of 2 hours...I went through all his available memory on the SD card quicker than he could say "Boo!"  But lately, I have been seeing the world around me from a different perspective.  It isn't so much that I am taking pictures of what surrounds me; it is that I am taking an affirmative action to not forget what is around.  I want to save that moment for all time.  My world around me lately has felt much like I am moving on a fast express train toward the unknown, and that has left me feeling a bit weary.  In the past 6 months I have gone through such tremendous change that I feel the need to hold on, ever so slightly, to moments that have touched me.  The pain I have felt from a broken heart has led me to view everything in a different shadow and light.  It has helped me develop the need to show where I was, what I am doing, what the world looks like today verses another 6 months from now, one year, two years, five years from now.


ASU SkySong
Scottsdale,AZ
My lunch adventures have taken me to a town lake and a tour of a new structure with a city official, hard hat included.  They have taken me to places I drive by every day but never stopped to take a look.  I have charged ahead, full steam, with this new desire to show the world what I see.  It hasn't been limited to lunch adventures.  The number of hours spent this summer in downtown Phoenix, at night, dealing with the heat, are too numerous to even mention.  And thanks to my handy cell phone camera, I have a new longing for a better camera - something that will allow me to capture the moment in a crisper light. 

Most of the pictures are posted onto various social media sites for others to enjoy; I welcome an objective eye to observe and offer helpful tips.  And for now, along with my love of family, friends, God, and baseball, this has become another passion I am more than willing to entertain in my life.  I am not waiting around any longer, idly standing on the sidelines of my life.  I am documenting where I was, what I did, how I enjoyed discovering a new piece of myself that was once unknown.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts